Sunday, January 31, 2010

February "From Venice, with Love" kits revealed @ Swirlydoos!

Wohoo, my first month as a Swirly designer!!! And I'm so lucky,because this must be one of the bestest kits to date!!! The papers are gorgeous. Right up my alley, the flowers are to die for, and the embelliues and stamps - sooo cool! And then the project kit with the TSS metal. The possibilities with these kits are endless. Thanks Krissy, for not choosing the traditional red and pink Valentine papers. What I love about the papers of this kit is that you can use them for any theme or event. So I'm starting off with the sketch LO. Every month the very talented Beggahuna designs a sketch especially for Swirlydoos. Here is my take:


The picture is of my DSS and his GF. They are so cute together. I first painted the heart with distress crackle paint, then inked it with distress ink and then covered it with distress stickles. Don't you just love the little birdie stamp and the precious butterflies? The flourish is cut with my Cricut.



The second LO is a photo my BIL took of the children of one of his collegues. Isn't that just the cutest picture ever? I had to scrap it. I used a MS border punch and the swirls are cut with my Sizzix.



This picture of Nike was taken when she just met her future husband-to-be. I embossed two metal strips which I decorated with pearls. The flourish is made with my Cricut.


Another picture of Nike, taken last year. I inked the ribbon with distress ink.


This is one of the last pictures taken of my grandma. She was 98 years old when she passed away. I LOVE the gorgeous butterfly frame which was included in the Embellishment Add-on Kit. I colored it with Glimmer Mist and decorated it with liquid pearls. The tule butterfly is from the January kit.


I used this patchwork design already several times, but it is such a great way to use your scraps. And of course I wanted to use every last bit of paper of this kit. The photo is my BIL and his niece. She totally adores him and wants to be just like him LOL. The die-cut is made with my QK Revolution. The title and bird are made from TSS metal, the metal rose is made of TH foliage. The metal corners are TH too.



The last LO I made for the Swirly Girls Club February Challenge that Robin is hosting on the Swirlydoos website. It is open to everybody, so come over and play along! The challenge is to have negative space and to use 4 photo's. I used the last bits and pieces of paper of this kit, embossed a metal heart and gave it grungeboard wings, which I inked, stamped and painted.

Thanks for having a peek at my newest work! If you'd like to see more inspiration on this months kits be sure to check out the DT gallery for the February "From Venice, with Love" kits at Swirlydoos, or the gallery of the very talented Swirlydoos subscribers!

Hugs, Bonnie

4 comments:

Paulien van den Bosch said...

I so love all the new pages you created!!!!
They are all so beautiful and full of detail work. Amazing job!!!!

thnx for the award!!

Carmen said...

They are just lovely! I really like the photo your bil took too...sooo cute!!

Scrappiness said...

Gefeliciteerd Bonnie, supergaaf dat je designer bent geworden bij Swirlydoos en verdiend ook want je maakt echt prachtige dingen!

Komt dit allemaal uit 1 kit? Wat een hoop en schitterende layouts allemaal. Erg inspirerend!

Ann Arbogast said...

Oh I have been working with 7 Gypsies this past month, and I love it! Your layouts are gorgeous, as always.

Related Posts with Thumbnails