Wednesday, September 16, 2009
A picture of DSS and girlfriend. They make such a cute couple and gave me a lot of pictures to scrap. The LO is based on an amazing sketch from Scrapperlicious. For the sketch and the LO she made from it follow this link: http://www.pencillines.com/2009/09/sketch-151.html#comments, or check out her blog. I made the background paper from scratch: white cardstock, ink, masks and a stamp. Pretty cool, huh???
Here is how I made the background paper.
1) I used a piece of white cardstock as the base
2) Using white pigment ink stamp the fern as shown. You won't really see it now, but it will work as a resist once you apply color
3) Heat set to dry
4) Place the mask(s) as desired and spray with Glimmer Mist (I used Apple Red)
5) Dab with paper towel to remove excess Mist and heat set to dry
6) Ink lightly the entire background using Old Paper Distress Ink, add enough ink to make the ferns pop
7) Using Distress Ink (I used Fired Brick) stamp the fern again
8) Ink the edges with your favorite brown ink
That's it!! Have fun!