Saturday, July 17, 2010

Paper Napkins Collage

I have a thing for paper napkins. I don't know how many packages of napkins I have, but every time I'm in a gift store, target, wallmart, home goods or similar store, I buy napkins. There are so many pretty designs!!! So I was really excited when I came across this tut from Roni http://inkstainswithroni.blogspot.com/2010/07/layered-napkin-collage.html. Go check out her blog. She has a lot more ways to use your napkins. I immediately wanted to try this, and I thought it would be cool to make my own background paper with this technique. So all the credit for this technique goes to Roni, but I wanted to share with you the steps I took to make my LO.



Here are some of the many napkins I have


I started by glueing some book and music paper on a piece of cardstock



Then I added pieces of the paper napkins (only the top layer)


This is the finished background


If you want to tone down the colors, you can add a white wash. Here you can see the difference.

and/or you can add some beeswax and perfect pearls


Here is my finished layout


and here is the finished tag.

Try it! It is really fun to do!!!

Happy creating!

Bonnie

13 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

This is a beautiful layout. Thanks for sharing the technique.

Carmen said...

This is beautiful Bonnie. I love it!! You have some gorgeous napkins girl!

Darien said...

What a Gorgeous lo!!!! And Tag!!!!! This is so fantastic!!!! Now I'm gonna have to buy some!!!!!! Gorgeous Work!!!!!!

Unknown said...

OMGOSH!!!! That is just absolutely beautiful!!!! Hmmm.... now I'm gonna have to collect some napkins!!!!

bea said...

Just beautiful! Great technique with the napkins and you have so many nice ones!
The layout became so great, love it !

Lynn Biermann said...

Bonnie Hello! wow what awesome work! I love the look to them- and what a great technique!
I also want to thank you for the sweet kind words you left on my blog regarding my mom! Scrappers are the best buddies! Your thoughts really mean alot! thanks again! :)

zandra said...

Just love this technique! Thanks for sharing.
Hugz, Z

Unknown said...

I like your works , so great ,and thanks for sharing! Your blog just like your workS , so beautiful .

welcom to my blog :)
though you may don't know chinese, but i would love to share my works with you . :)

gry anita said...

This is amazing.. Thanks for sharing the technique.

Starr said...

How beautiful and creative! I'm off to try this technique, thanks so much for sharing!

Floor said...

Wauw, I like! I think I'm reading you're blog the next hour :D

Lizzy Wurmann G. said...

LOVE this Bonnie!!

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It's indeed the one and ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 lbs lighter than us.

(Just so you know, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and really, EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they are eating.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

Click on this link to uncover if this easy questionnaire can help you unlock your real weight loss potential

Related Posts with Thumbnails