Sunday, May 9, 2010

Swirly Girls Club Challenges May

These are my entries for this month's challenges over @ Swirlydoos. One is hosted by Tina: Distress and Layer. The challenge is to use at least 6 layers, all distressed and we had to make a rose. I used Tim's new Retro Grunge papers. The roses on the top right corner are made from metal and the rose at the bottom left corner is made of PP and UTEE. The flowers under the rose are PP covered grunge paper. Photo of DH and DS.



The other one is hosted by yours trully. The challenge is to make your own background paper from scraps. I keep my scraps by color in plastic envelopes and every now and then I'll take one of these envelopes and create a "new" piece of 12 x 12 paper. Just arrange your scraps and glue them on a piece of cardstock or "ugly" paper. The idea of the scalloped strip with the ribbon and roses is taken from one of my favorite artists Gabrielle Pollacco.




Hope y'all had a great Mother's Day!!!

Bonnie

1 comment:

Lisa aka Raining said...

I love both of these Bonnie! How are you making your metal roses! I adore them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails