Wednesday, November 11, 2009
My first canvas
In the Swirlydoos add-on kit of this month was an 8 x 8 canvas. At first I was a bit puzzled as to what to do with it, because I never worked on a canvas before, but there is always a first time.
This is what I did:
- Glue torn sheet music, decorative and old book paper with gel medium onto the canvas
- cover with a thin wash of gesso
- layer 1: paint some gesso on a piece of paper bag, then wrinkled it
- layer 2: a piece of an old napkin
- adhere photo, and embellish
- the metallic rose is made from grunge paper covered with aluminum repair tape from the hardware store and then colored with alcohol ink.
On the picture are my parents in law on their wedding day in 1946.
Thanks for stopping by! Bonnie